Dominik Graf has long identified that investing in water and the changing use of land is a critical factor in providing unmatched tangible opportunities within private equity. This is achieved through investing in the change in agricultural land use and the appropriation of water instead of the more accepted route of crops.
It is in this arena where we have led the way, by taking uncommon tranches of land and the attached water entitlements with the sole intention of expanding and developing them to a far greater scale through our highly experienced and well regarded team.
Dominik Graf is at the forefront of this investment niche of the agribusiness sector. The key attributes in relation to this are;
- A compelling fundamental; a globally growing competitive, consumer driven, export focused industry model which leans on hedge price outcomes and adds revenues across are wide gamut of broad acre crops and end products
- A convincing point of entry and development scale in comparison to the alternative, established crops
- Water entitlements are underwritten by forecast farm revenue on a pro-rata basis based on the climatic cycle. This mitigates any downside risk through meeting the break-even point during periods of drought
- Augmented access to various irrigation procurements and source strategies allowing flexibility and security year-on-year
- Our team position at the vanguard of this niche, which aligns in synergy with investor interest
- The propagation of income and capital growth within the bounds of a stringent land development plan and increasing the size if crop production per annum
- A pure P/E investment strategy with a clearly defined exit strategy
- An investment vehicle that is centred on a tangible asset in the form of real estate however is uncorrelated and thus generally unaffected by any turbulence and external market conditions.